What are melamine doors and technical features?
The trends in the furniture market change constantly. Melamine doors, very popular ones, are again trendy nowadays. But what are the melamine doors? And what are the technical features? These are the questions that came into the minds of followers. As this wonder is growing, we prepare today’s topic about the melamine doors or the melamine interior doors, which are the rising trend of 2020.
What is Melamine?
First of all, we would like to talk about what melamine is. Because it is a technical term and most people don’t understand them. Melamine interior doors are manufactured by placing natural wooden patterns on the surface of the door. Of course, this is not a one-step or easy process. There are a couple of hard processes:
- First of all, natural wooden patterns are installed on metal cylinders without any defects. This process is very sensitive and costs very lot.
- After the first patterning process, the second one begins. The metal cylinders are also used in this process.
- After accomplishing these two processes, which take so long, the colored patterns on the cylinders are transferred to the special sheets which will be applied to the door.
After these 3 steps, we will obtain our popular melamine doors. But there are some other small works to finish the final product. After some physical processes on the impregnated line, we will be able to achieve this final product.
The 2021 year was a good year for the PVC doors as an interior door trend. But in the last month, the choices for the melamine doors showed that they can compete with the PVC doors. The most preferred melamine door type is the one with glass.
As Evkap Door Company, we produce our melamine doors with the help of our experience which comes from more than a half-century of hard work. We produce the best quality and the most durable melamine doors. Our fully experienced (in their field) personnel is making creative models like an artist with the help of delicate works and different applications.
Our company is very successful at producing not only the melamine doors but also the PVC, lacquered, MDF, laminate doors in our 15000 m² facilities, and export them to over 70 countries.
Technical Features of the Melamine Doors
The technical features of the melamine doors are complex, because of the complicated manufacturing process. Their normal features are below and the technical ones are listed.
The melamine doors are very natural and can be painted in many different colors. They require special care about the patterns in the painting process, which is possible only with professional workers. As they are both natural and durable, melamine doors have a long life span with a good level of water, moist and heat resistance. This makes them an ideal solution for bathroom melamine doors.
There are more effective features of melamine doors, which are; sound-proof, easily cleaning, and no need for maintenance/repair. They have a good performance of sound insulation; they are very durable, so no need for repair/maintenance; and easy cleaning. You can clean the surface with a damp cloth; you won’t need any chemicals.
These were general features. And the technical features are:
- Melamine is an organic compound. It is also used for manufacturing plastic material.
- Melamine material is applied to MDF with high heat. This process creates melamine plaques.
- The melamine doors are produced from these plaques.
- There is no restriction about the dimensions.
- You can manufacture even one or two-door wings.
- It is very economic and natural with wooden patterns.
- Melamine doors are so easy to establish.
- Very resistant against direct sunlight, hit, or scratches.
- They are eligible to use in every style and decor.
- Melamine is the core material for manufacturing, but other materials may vary.