As you know, doors are the most beautiful decoration products that reflect the visuality of our house. This is why interior door installation is very important. For example, if your house door is not installed properly, your door will not open and close comfortably and it will look bad in terms of aesthetics.
Likewise, if the gap between the door frame and the door is not well adjusted, your door will not close. If your doors do not foam well in place, they will not be intact. If the door is not properly locked, your door will not open or close comfortably. That’s why there is so much to know about door installation.
If you are going to install the doors of your house yourself, this article will help you in a very nice way. However, if you are going to have your doors installed by a door installation master, you can learn detailed information about door installation and prevent mistakes.
Say hello to the door installation guide we have created to learn how to install the interior doors of your home. Door installation is not a very easy task, but we will provide you with the information you can install the door yourself.
The doors of your home are wonderful decorative products that will make your home look brand new. Even if only the color of the door of the house changes, the appearance of your house changes completely. So you can get a lot of different decoration images by making small touches to your home.
When your neighbors come to your house, of course, you want to have doors that she will admire. Therefore, please review our article carefully. Now let’s start our guide on how to make interior doors.
Materials Required for Door Installation
First of all, when you do the door assembly, let’s take a look at the tools you need. These;
- To take measurements; ruler, tape measure, pencil
- Door wedges for fixing doors
- A bench where you can cut
- Door hinge
- Screwdriver and hammer
The materials mentioned above are the basic materials required for a door installation. With these materials, you can easily assemble the doors.
Choose Your Home Door
First, select the interior door that best suits the texture of your home. Because no matter how accurately the door installation is done, you cannot get the image you want unless your doors are compatible with your home. Modern and contemporary interior doors will always be a more beautiful option for your home.
For this, you need to work with the best door manufacturer company. There are many interior door models that you can order online or physically.
EVKAP, an organization based in Istanbul is one of the best door manufacturers in Turkey. With more than 60 years of experience, our company offers you a wide range of interior doors. Many wooden door models such as Panel door, laminate door, lacquered door, PVC coated door, Composite door, MDF door, Melamine door are available in our product portfolio. If you look at our website you can see the colors and designs of all door models.
We can also manufacture special interior doors upon request. White, brown, cream, wood color, burgundy interior doors, such as the color you want to produce. You have durable, robust, and internal doors that you can use for long years with peace of mind.
Search the material of the door you will get
Nowadays, the oak tree is a very preferred tree type for interior doors. And it has become a quite popular furniture product oak. But another type of door is wood veneer doors.
Wood veneer doors are both affordable products and can be used on various surfaces. They are also available in different colors.
You can also choose your house doors with or without glazing. If you want to keep your privacy at the forefront, you can prefer doors without glass.
Set the door size.
The standard interior room door size is 90cm x 210cm. You will need several accessories to connect the door leaves with the case. These are accessories such as door latches, door locks, hinges and rails, and door stops. In the door installation process, we will also explain the applications you can complete your operations.
- Wire bonding: After drilling the walls, the wire can be passed through the interior. Besides, it is provided to fix the wire door to the 2 bay windows of the casing using nails and screws. The space between the casing and the wall is also filled with plaster mortar.
- Connecting with Blind-Box: The blind width should be left next to the door. The assembly can then be performed by connecting the door to the blind frame. We can say that it is a costly installation process but it is very effective against damages.
- Hook fastening process: The casing in the door opening is attached to the wall using hook-up bars. In this method, our casing is attached to the back and side regions of the screw places. The resulting gap can be covered by using plaster mortar.
- The mounting process with a wedge: The wedge is placed in 3 different regions, from top, bottom, and length. The door frame, which is attached to the wedges using screws or nails, can thus be assembled.
- Polyurethane Foam bonding process: This process, which is applied together with polyurethane, which is installed in the blind cavity door cavities, is among the door installation applications. The temporarily installed blind case is then dismantled and the door is mounted and offers a very practical use.
First, connect the corners of the door frames with screws or glue according to your preference.
Then insert the door into which the corners are secured.
Fit the door accessories as well.
After screwing in, check by closing the door.
After fitting the hinge, check that the top and bottom of the door are properly positioned.
When the door settings are finished, tighten the middle and lower parts sufficiently with the tensioner. The purpose of using this is to ensure that the foam will expand.
Recheck the door you have installed and applied the mounting foam to the gaps between the wall and the wall. You have to be careful to do this carefully.
Wait 24 hours after the door installation is complete and then remove the foams. Do not remove the wedges used in the assembly process. Using a hammer, squeeze the silicone into the moldings slot and insert the moldings into the slot.
Thus, your door installation process is finished. We wish you a good day. Of course, if you do the installation of the door master is a different cost.
EVKAP can assemble your doors with its successful team. For more information, please contact us.
You can review the 2021 door catalog here.