How to Clean PVC Doors in your House Easily?
The popularity and use of PVC doors are increasing every day. And there are so many wonders and questions about PVC doors. One of the most popular questions about PVC doors is the use. How to clean PVC doors? As Evkap Door Company, we are manufacturing and importing the best quality PVC doors to more than 80 countries. So, with this experience, we would like to give useful and important information about what to do and pay attention to cleaning PVC doors.
Our doors suffer so much from outer effects. Humidity, especially in colder temperatures, cooking steam, plantations, drying laundries, heating, and air conditioning effects; all-cause stains or molding problems on PVC doors. And these are not easy to deal with. If you follow the steps we give to you, you can keep your PVC doors clean.
Important Issues About PVC Door Cleaning
According to our experiences, here are some useful tips about cleaning PVC doors;
- First, before using some chemicals to clean PVC doors; you should clean all the dust and dirt from the surface with a damp rag. You should continue wiping until cleaning all the dust. Otherwise, small particles may spread to the surface and scratch it.
- Never use chemicals like acetone, methylene, thinner, or gasoline for cleaning. Also, you should stay away from powder or liquid detergents that contain hard particles. These may harm PVC surfaces.
- Bleacher is a common material that is used for cleaning. But we don’t recommend a bleacher for cleaning PVC. Because, in the long term, it can harm PVC by causing yellow spots on the surface. So, please beware of the bleacher.
- You should also beware of using a scouring sponge, wool, or any kind of brush on PVC surfaces because these also can scratch it.
- And finally, there is a locking device inside the PVC doors and windows. You should be careful not to contact any kind of detergent or water with this apparatus. They will cause rusting, and deterioration in the long term. In case of unwanted contact, you should wipe it with a damp rag until it is totally dried.
PVC Doors Cleaning Steps
Cleaning PVC doors is a more sensitive issue than more people think. First of all, you should be careful about the issues we mentioned above. They are very important about not harming your PVC doors. When you follow them, you can keep your doors new and intact as the first day for many years. But, how will you clean your PVC doors? Here are the steps to clean your PVC doors.
- The first step is, of course, the cleaning of the dust and dirt on the PVC surface. Use a damp rag to clean them completely.
- We warned you not to use nearly all of the chemicals for cleaning. But, what to use for cleaning PVC doors? The answer is soft soap. The main ingredient of soft soap, which is potassium hydroxide, has no harm to the PVC material and it is a wonderful cleaner.
- Put some small amount of soft soap on another damp rag, make it foam. And after that, start cleaning with circular moves. Clean the foam with another clean rag periodically.
- If you don’t want to use soft soap, you can use borax instead. Borax is also a good PVC cleaner without giving any harm. Borax which contains water, oxygen, sodium (atrium), and boron, is a good protector against molds and other types of bacterias. If you have already molds on your door, you should definitely use borax.
- Mix 1 liter of water with a full spoon of borax in a bucket. Then, bathe your bag with the mixture, squeeze it, and clean your door with circular moves.
These are the most proper and effective cleaning methods of today’s one of the most popular door type PVC. You can also use these methods for lacquered and MDF doors. This way, your doors will be like new for many years.
As Evkap Door Company, we care about our products. And we want our customers to use our products for many years. If you have any kind of questions about our best-quality products, you can contact us anytime.